Global Direct Democracy Quick Guide
1. The universe is collectively owned by all humans. Decision making must be determined by direct democracy. Global direct democracy has the highest say.
2. Regional sovereignty should be respected, but global direct democracy still has highest say. For example, if the people of Africa democratically voted to take over the rest of the planet, the rest of the planet has the right to vote against that and enforce global democratic will.
3. Global direct democracy can grant temporary regional sovereignty so countries can run their own internal affairs.
4. Human rights such as free speech, equality for people of different physical races, genders, sexual orientation, and religion should be respected. However, direct democracy still has higher say than these human rights. No minority should be allowed to enforce human rights on the public against democratic will.
5. Individual countries should never engage in foreign intervention that is not approved by global direct democracy. Additionally, if global democratic will calls for a country to intervene, an individual country should not be allowed to veto such a resolution.
6. The global public should cut off funding and weapon supplies to countries that have severe human rights abuses.
7. Lying to enforce poverty should be illegal.
8. Different regions can democratically choose different economic models. Only economic models that ensure zero poverty are acceptable. Capitalism requires a basic income to function properly. Marxism requires democratic worker ownership.
9. Countries need to ensure the safety and well-being of vulnerable minorities.
10. Major projects such as gas pipelines, nuclear reactors, fracking, or hydroelectric projects that seriously impact the environment must be approved via referendum.
11. Major changes to economic policy must be approved via referendum.
12. The public has the right to determine what wealth and resources can flow in and out of a country. Freedom of mobility should be respected, so that people can leave a country, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they can take wealth they acquired in that country with them. Additionally, public will does trump all rights including freedom of mobility. Only the public can grant such a privilege.
13. Euthanasia and early stage abortion should be permissible. (Again, public rule has final say.)
14. Those responsible for imperialistic intervention (not approved by global public will) and resulting war crimes must be prosecuted.
15. If a dictator can be put in power via direct democracy, s/he can also be taken out via direct democracy at any time.
16. A second referendum on an issue trumps a first referendum on the same issue. People have the right to change their mind. New public will always rules over old public will.