American Imperialists and Their Allies Enjoy Killing Civilians
It's very clear that American imperialists, along with their international allies, enjoy murdering civilians.
In the month of March 2017 alone, the US intentionally murdered 1,782 to 3,471 civilians in Iraq and Syria.
In 2015, International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War and other groups estimated the death toll from US wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan to be 1.3 million as a conservative estimate.
This investigation comes to the conclusion that the war has, directly or indirectly, killed around 1 million people in Iraq, 220,000 in Afghanistan and 80,000 in Pakistan, i.e. a total of around 1.3 million. Not included in this figure are further war zones such as Yemen. The figure is approximately 10 times greater than that of which the public, experts and decision makers are aware of and propagated by the media and major NGOs. And this is only a conservative estimate. The total number of deaths in the three countries named above could also be in excess of 2 million, whereas a figure below 1 million is extremely unlikely.1
As of January 2017, Saudi Arabia's horrible military campaign against Yemen has left 10,000 dead, 40,000 wounded, and 10 million in need of urgent assistance. This campaign began back in March of 2015.2
Since taking office in January 2009, the Obama administration has offered over $115 billion worth of weapons to Saudi Arabia in 42 separate deals, more than any U.S. administration in the history of the U.S.-Saudi relationship.3
The US has not flinched in its support for Saudi Arabian aggression in Yemen despite full awareness that Saudi Arabia is intentionally targeting civilians.
The United Arab Emirates is another Middle Eastern autocracy with a history of severe human rights violations allied with the US. In March 2017, the UAE jailed an academic for tweets criticizing Egypt. The UAE is part of the phoney war against ISIS led by the United States whose main objective is to target civilians. The UAE is also part of the Saudi-led campaign against Yemeni civilians.
The UAE is a key ally of Egypt and has joined the country in bombing Islamic State militant group (ISIS) fighters in Libya. UAE is part of both the U.S.-led coalition fighting the extremist group and the Saudi-led coalition carrying out an air campaign against Iranian-backed Shiite Houthi rebels in Yemen.4
The Israel-Palestine situation deviates between apartheid and genocide in terms of severity.5
To call it apartheid is a gift to Israel...
-Noam Chomsky, 'Noam Chomsky: Israel's Actions in Palestine are "Much Worse Than Apartheid" in South Africa', Democracy Now6
Western imperialists are so supportive of Zionism because they enjoy murdering, torturing, and confining innocent civilians. The Washington Post reported that 7 in 10 Palestinians killed in the 2014 Gaza Massacre were civilians (and since Israel is the prime aggressor at all times, all Palestinians—civilian or non-civilian—are considered victims).
In its most recent count, the U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs reports that 2,104 Palestinians were killed in Gaza, including 1,462 civilians, among them 495 children and 253 women. Those U.N. numbers would mean that 69 percent of the total killed were civilians.7
In 2016 alone, 5000 Libyan civilians drowned in the Mediterranean Sea trying to reach Europe.8
On March 17, 2011, the UN Security Council passed Resolution 1973, spearheaded by the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama, authorizing military intervention in Libya. The goal, Obama explained, was to save the lives of peaceful, pro-democracy protesters who found themselves the target of a crackdown by Libyan dictator Muammar al-Qaddafi.9
The US is not even a democracy. American military intervention destabilized the region and resulted in extreme civilian casualties—the real objective of US intervention. The article from which the above quote was taken describes the US interference in Libya as a "well-meaning intervention" that resulted in failure. That's a complete lie. The US has shown it has nothing but sinister intent. Anybody saying the US has good intent also has sinister intent. Oligarchists will always assert that there was good intent or that intent cannot be determined. This is to prevent people from seeing the obvious sinister intent of oligarchs.10
The American campaign in Indochina was primarily directed against the rural population of South Vietnam to prevent South Vietnamese independence from the oppressive conditions of inverse-civilization.
In its essence, the Indochina war was a war waged by the US and such local forces as it could organize against the rural population of South Vietnam.11
The US is so hostile toward taking refugees from countries they have destabilized or obliterated because the main objective of US foreign policy is to murder innocent civilians. When European colonizers of the Americas gave blankets infested with smallpox to the Native Americans and nearly exterminated the American bison, it's very clear that the objective was to carry out the genocide of Native Americans. This genocidal impulse is still the main driver of American foreign policy.
- 1. 'Casualty Figures after 10 Years of the “War on Terror”; Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan'. Body Count. 1st international ed. IPPNW (International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War), Mar. 2015, https://www.ippnw.de/commonFiles/pdfs/Frieden/Body_Count_first_internati.... Accessed 17 Apr. 2017.
- 2. "Death toll in Yemen conflict passes 10,000". Al Jazeera, 16 Jan. 2017, http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/01/death-toll-yemen-conflict-passes-1.... Accessed 17 Apr. 2017.
- 3. Hartung, William D. "U.S. Arms Transfers to Saudi Arabia and the War in Yemen". Security Assistance Monitor, 7 Sep. 2016, http://securityassistance.org/fact_sheet/us-arms-transfers-saudi-arabia-.... Accessed 17 Apr. 2017.
- 4. Moore, Jack. "UAE Jails Academic For 10 Years Over Egypt Tweets". Newsweek, 3 Mar. 2017, http://www.newsweek.com/uae-jails-academic-10-years-anti-egypt-tweets-57.... Accessed 17 Apr. 2017.
- 5. "Democracy and Apartheid". http://en.minguo.info/blogs/panoramics/democracy_and_apartheid.
- 6. Chomsky, Noam. 'Noam Chomsky: Israel's Actions in Palestine are "Much Worse Than Apartheid" in South Africa'. Democracy Now, 8 Aug. 2014, https://www.democracynow.org/2014/8/8/noam_chomsky_what_israel_is_doing. Accessed 2 Apr. 2017.
- 7. Booth, William. "The U.N. says 7 in 10 Palestinians killed in Gaza were civilians. Israel disagrees." The Washington Post, 29 Aug. 2014, http://wapo.st/2oOAC4d. Accessed 17 Apr. 2017.
- 8. "At least 5,000 people drowned last year while trying to reach Europe via the Mediterranean."
"Dozens of Migrants Drown Off Libya". BBC, 21 Feb. 2017, http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-39037251. Accessed 17 Apr. 2017.
- 9. Kuperman, Alan J. "Obama's Libya Debacle". Foreign Affairs, Mar./Apr. 2015 issue, foreignaffairs.com/articles/libya/obamas-libya-debacle. Accessed 17 Apr. 2017.
- 10. "Courts use evidence to determine intent daily."
"Basic Income Economics (Part 1)". http://en.minguo.info/book/panoramics/basic_income_economics_part_1.
- 11. Chomsky, Noam. "The Meaning of Vietnam". The New York Review of Books, 12 Jun. 1975, https://chomsky.info/19750612/. Accessed 17 Apr. 2017.